If that’s true, you owe it to yourself not to compromise on your choice of drink. In Wellington, you can’t go wrong with these bracing first-date cocktails:
- Plum Margarita at Foxtail. You’ll find it by walking through a 1930s wardrobe door – like Narnia, but with booze
- Golddigger at The Library (Vodka, fresh mint, watermelon syrup and lemon juice, smashed together and served over ice
- Cuban Manhattan at Havana Bar (Launch your revolution from the ‘date table’ – the table by the window
- Falling Water at Matterhorn (A cool combination of feijoa vodka, Ch’i and cucumber
- Bacon Bloody Mary at Duke Carvell’s (bacon vodka, smoked hot sauce, spice mix and pickled onion. Worried about onion breath? You should be.