A great buzz, free entertainment and dinner for two for as little as $20 – just three of the reasons why visiting a night market is a great choice for a first date.
Don’t forget the golden rule of eating at a market: don’t buy anything on your first lap, otherwise you’ll experience FOMO when you realise there’s fantastic Jamaican jerk chicken at the very last stall – and you’ve already filled up on pork dumplings.
Here’s our choice of New Zealand’s best night markets for a first date:
- Dare your date to try the cow offal stew at Pakuranga Night Market in Auckland
- Relax with a foot massage at Glenfield Night Market in Auckland
- Enjoy the churros, empanadas or crema catalane at Auckland’s Spanish Night Market
- Experiment with a henna tattoo, try a hangi or top up your supplies of beard oil at Wellington Night Market
- Treat each other to a salted caramel gelato at Rotorua night market