Ever had to explain to a date that you’re gluten-free? It can be awkward.
Happily, a growing number of cafes, restaurants and bars offer meals that don’t contain wheat, barley, oats or rye – yet don’t compromise on deliciousness. Here’s our pick of the gluten-free bunch:
- Slim Panda in Auckland – try the GF vegetable-packed noodle dishes
- Mondays wholefood store and cafe in Auckland – try the GF buckwheat waffles with coconut yoghurt
- Plimmerton Fish Supply in Wellington – try the GF fish and chips
- Filadelfio’s Restaurant and Bar in Dunedin and Oamaru – try the Indonesian pizza (prawns, shrimp, peanuts and satay sauce) on a GF base
- Fiddlesticks Restaurant and Bar in Christchurch – try the GF BBQ lamb sandwich with chilli slaw
Wondering if people are picky when it comes to dating someone with other specific dietary needs, such as vegetarians or vegans? Check out the results from our food themed poll: